Brian Hayhurst | Chairperson
Brian was appointed to RHL’s Board of Directors in March 2017. His vision is that all people have the opportunity to make choices that can create positive outcomes in their lives. He intends to use his skills to educate others and to support avenues that create opportunities to assist the disadvantaged. Brian brings a wealth of experience to RHL’s Board, having already served as a director for three other not-for-profit organisations. He also understands the frontline challenges of community housing better than most, having previously worked as a Tenancy Manager for Bundaberg Housing Services Inc.
- Bachelor of Social Work (MAASW)
- Justice of the Peace Qualified
- Authorised Mental Health Practitioner
- Qualified Mental Health Instructor
Denise Tomlin | Vice Chairperson
Denise was appointed as a Director on the Board of Regional Housing Limited in 2013 and brings with her a wealth of experience as a local community person and higher education professional. Community engagement is a passionate and dedicated component of Denise’s role, not only as a long standing local community member, but also as part of her University academic career. Denise is keen to make a valuable contribution to the already established intentions and future growth possibilities of Regional Housing Limited in its quest to provide affordable housing. Additionally, Denise continues to support the local community through her role as a director of EDON Place, Women’s Domestic Violence Service Inc.
- Masters of Business Administration (General Management, Operations Management, Human Resource Management, Financial Management and Logistics Management)
- Bachelor of Business (Human Resource Management and Public Administration)
- Certificate IV in Board Governance
- Professional Member of Australian Human Resource Management Institute (AHRI)
- Professional Member of Australian Institute of Management (AIM)
Sandra Holebrook | Treasurer
Sandra is a business professional with over 25 years of commercial experience in Business Management, Business Development, and Project Management spanning the retail, distribution, wholesaling and manufacturing sectors. She has a track record of successfully deploying complex solutions and business change with an absolute focus on the realisation of tangible business benefits. She is a strategic thinker with effective implementation skills and understands the importance of stakeholder management. Holding a number of Board positions has provided Sandra with the opportunity to utilise her diverse portfolio of skills and experience at a governance level. Formerly the Secretary of Youthcare Hervey Bay Inc., Sandra joined RHL’s Board of Directors in October 2014 during the successful merger of Youthcare and RHL.
- Qualified Chartered Accountant
- Graduate Diploma in Marketing Management
- Licensed Real Estate Agent
Judy Peters | Secretary
Judy has a background in government and corporate business, policy development and stakeholder engagement with extensive experience in corporate governance and financial sustainability. She is a Life Member of ALGWA (Qld) empowering women in leadership. As a member of the Board of Regional Housing Limited her vision is to ‘deliver sustainable appropriate housing for residents to live comfortably and affordably’.
- Diploma Local Government (Administration)
- Diploma Business (Frontline Management)
- Justice of the Peace Qualified
- Advanced Diploma Community Sector Management
Cheryl Barrett | Director
Cheryl joined RHL’s Board of Directors in June 2016 bringing approximately 30 years of experience from the community housing industry, not for profit sector, Local and State Government and private business. Her skills and knowledge of the housing sector, business, community engagement, human resources, and social services combined with her previous experience as Secretary for a not-for-profit board, make Cheryl a valuable addition to the RHL team. Cheryl is passionate about ensuring that those less fortunate can access safe and affordable housing in their own community. Cheryl is currently working as the Chief Executive Officer for Southern Cross Support Services and studying a Diploma of Project Management.
- Graduate Certificate of Social Science in Housing Management & Policy
- Diploma of Management
- Diploma of Population Health
- Cert IV in Business Management
- Cert IV in Training & Assessment
Nathan Freeman | Director
Nathan has been a member of RHL’s Planning & Development sub-committee since 2014 and was appointed to the Board of Directors in March 2017. Nathan brings to the Board his knowledge and skills as a qualified Town Planner along with a wealth of experience from his involvement in a number of not-for-profit organisations and committees within the greater Wide Bay community. Nathan’s vision for Regional Housing Limited is to see the organisation grow and expand sustainably while gaining a better understanding of the issues facing our youth, those who are socially disadvantaged and persons living with disability in our community.
- Bachelor of Regional and Town Planning (Hons)
- Certified Practicing Planner with the Planning Institute of Australia
- Member of the Urban Development Institute of Australia
- Auxiliary Firefighter with Queensland Fire and Emergency Services
- Committee Member for Across the Waves Sports Club Inc.
Benjamin Brown | Director
Ben was appointed as RHL’s first Youth Intern to the Board of Directors in September 2017 and joined the Board proper in October 2018. He brings to RHL experience as a member of a number of tertiary councils and committees, and a background in Engineering. Ben is passionate about strategic planning and helping to further his local community.
- Bachelor of Civil Engineering (Hon)
- Member of Engineers Australia
- Graduate of the Australian Institute of Company Directors
- Regional Advisory Committee Member of the Institute of Managers and Leaders
Grant Davies | Director
Profile Coming Soon
Rahel Clarke | Director
Profile Coming Soon