Lucinda Doughty | Chairperson
Lucinda has been a member of RHL’s Board of Directors since 2009 and became Chairperson in 2012. Initially working as a solicitor, Lucinda later transitioned to body corporate management before starting her own business in 2011. With over 11 years’ experience in the Body Corporate space, experience in property management and a strong understanding of compliance and governance processes, Lucinda brings a wealth of knowledge to RHL’s Board. Her vision for Regional Housing Limited is to continue to expand the provision of housing in the community, both here in the Wide Bay region and throughout Queensland. Lucinda further supports the community through her involvement with Bundaberg Basketball, Fusion Netball club and Bundaberg Bushwalkers.
- Compliance and Governance Expertise
- Property Management Experience
- Planning & Development Experience
- Bachelor of Law – University of Queensland
Denise Tomlin | Vice Chairperson
Denise was appointed as a Director on the Board of Regional Housing Limited in 2013 and brings with her a wealth of experience as a local community person and higher education professional. Community engagement is a passionate and dedicated component of Denise’s role, not only as a long standing local community member, but also as part of her University academic career. Denise is keen to make a valuable contribution to the already established intentions and future growth possibilities of Regional Housing Limited in its quest to provide affordable housing. Additionally, Denise continues to support the local community through her role as a director of EDON Place, Women’s Domestic Violence Service Inc.
- Masters of Business Administration (General Management, Operations Management, Human Resource Management, Financial Management and Logistics Management)
- Bachelor of Business (Human Resource Management and Public Administration)
- Certificate IV in Board Governance
- Professional Member of Australian Human Resource Management Institute (AHRI)
- Professional Member of Australian Institute of Management (AIM)
Jeff Kirchner | Treasurer
Jeff has been serving the Board of Regional Housing Limited since its inception in 2009. His vision for Regional Housing Limited is for organisational growth so that Regional Housing Limited will become a significant and efficient provider of housing services in the community.
- Financial Expertise
- Experience working with State Government Departments, processes, procedures and governance
- Bachelor of Business Accounting with Distinction
- Certified Practising Accountant
- Past Branch Chair and Treasurer of CPA Australia – Bundaberg
Ross Hunter | Secretary
‘To support and deliver an acceptable social housing opportunity to regional Queensland and beyond’, is Ross’ vision for Regional Housing Limited. Ross has been on the Board of Directors for Regional Housing Limited since its inception, and served for more than 3 years on the board of Bundaberg Housing Services before that. Ross brings considerable local government experience to the board of Regional Housing Limited.
- Extensive experience and knowledge of operational works assessment in local government
- Extensive experience and knowledge of local government processes
- Experience and knowledge of regulations relating to engineering works practices
- Experience networking and liaising with architects, civil engineers, designers, government officials, utility providers, civil contractors, and building tradespersons
- Bachelor Degree qualifications in Mechanical and Civil Engineering
Judy Peters | Director
Judy has a background in government and corporate business, policy development and stakeholder engagement with extensive experience in corporate governance and financial sustainability. She is a Life Member of ALGWA (Qld) empowering women in leadership. As a member of the Board of Regional Housing Limited her vision is to ‘deliver sustainable appropriate housing for residents to live comfortably and affordably’.
- Diploma Local Government (Administration)
- Diploma Business (Frontline Management)
- Justice of the Peace Qualified
- Advanced Diploma Community Sector Management
Sandra Holebrook | Director
Sandra is a business professional with over 25 years of commercial experience in Business Management, Business Development, and Project Management spanning the retail, distribution, wholesaling and manufacturing sectors. She has a track record of successfully deploying complex solutions and business change with an absolute focus on the realisation of tangible business benefits. She is a strategic thinker with effective implementation skills and understands the importance of stakeholder management. Holding a number of Board positions has provided Sandra with the opportunity to utilise her diverse portfolio of skills and experience at a governance level. Formerly the Secretary of Youthcare Hervey Bay Inc., Sandra joined RHL’s Board of Directors in October 2014 during the successful merger of Youthcare and RHL.
- Qualified Chartered Accountant
- Graduate Diploma in Marketing Management
- Licensed Real Estate Agent
Cheryl Barrett | Director
Cheryl joined RHL’s Board of Directors in June 2016 bringing approximately 30 years of experience from the community housing industry, not for profit sector, Local and State Government and private business. Her skills and knowledge of the housing sector, business, community engagement, human resources, and social services combined with her previous experience as Secretary for a not-for-profit board, make Cheryl a valuable addition to the RHL team. Cheryl is passionate about ensuring that those less fortunate can access safe and affordable housing in their own community. Cheryl is currently working as the Chief Executive Officer for Southern Cross Support Services and studying a Diploma of Project Management.
- Graduate Certificate of Social Science in Housing Management & Policy
- Diploma of Management
- Diploma of Population Health
- Cert IV in Business Management
- Cert IV in Training & Assessment
Brian Hayhurst | Director
Brian was appointed to RHL’s Board of Directors in March 2017. His vision is that all people have the opportunity to make choices that can create positive outcomes in their lives. He intends to use his skills to educate others and to support avenues that create opportunities to assist the disadvantaged. Brian brings a wealth of experience to RHL’s Board, having already served as a director for three other not-for-profit organisations. He also understands the frontline challenges of community housing better than most, having previously worked as a Tenancy Manager for Bundaberg Housing Services Inc.
- Bachelor of Social Work (MAASW)
- Justice of the Peace Qualified
- Authorised Mental Health Practitioner
- Qualified Mental Health Instructor
Nathan Freeman | Director
Nathan has been a member of RHL’s Planning & Development sub-committee since 2014 and was appointed to the Board of Directors in March 2017. Nathan brings to the Board his knowledge and skills as a qualified Town Planner along with a wealth of experience from his involvement in a number of not-for-profit organisations and committees within the greater Wide Bay community. Nathan’s vision for Regional Housing Limited is to see the organisation grow and expand sustainably while gaining a better understanding of the issues facing our youth, those who are socially disadvantaged and persons living with disability in our community.
- Bachelor of Regional and Town Planning (Hons)
- Certified Practicing Planner with the Planning Institute of Australia
- Member of the Urban Development Institute of Australia
- Auxiliary Firefighter with Queensland Fire and Emergency Services
- Committee Member for Across the Waves Sports Club Inc.