Regional Housing Limited is now accepting nominations for it’s inaugural Spring Garden Competition 2018!
The competition is open to all Regional Housing Limited tenants with great prizes across a range of green thumb related categories. The Awards encourage and recognise the work of our tenants and the pride they take in their home garden.
How to Enter
Entering your garden is as simple as completing and submitting a nomination form before 4:30pm, Friday 14th September 2018. You can choose from one of two options below to complete and submit your entry.
OPTION 1: Complete an Online Nominate Form
Click on the link below to complete and submit your Spring Garden Competition nomination form via our online form.
OPTION 2: Download a printable Nomination Form
Click on the link below to download a printable Spring Garden Competition nomination form and return your completed nomination form to Regional Housing Limited (RHL) by one of the following methods.
- Deliver your completed Nomination Form in person at any RHL office
- Fax your completed Nomination Form to (07) 4153 4000
- Email your completed Nomination Form to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Completed Nomination Forms must be received by 4:30pm, Friday 14th September 2018 for your entry to be valid.
Terms and Conditions
By submitting an entry, you are agreeing to the following terms and conditions:
- All nominated gardens must be located at a property managed by
Regional Housing Limited in either Bundaberg, Hervey Bay, Kingaroy or Murgon.
- All nominated gardeners must be a tenant of Regional Housing Limited.
- All nominations are automatically in the running for the Judges Encouragement Award.
You can nominate your garden in up to two of the following categories:
- Best Edible Garden
- Best Australian Native Garden
- Best Feature Garden
- Best Courtyard or Balcony Garden
- Best Themed Garden
- Most Water Wise Garden
- Most Colourful Garden
- Most Unique Garden
Conditions of Entry
- Access to the entrant’s property will be required for judging
- Entrants agree to allow their image and gardens to be photographed by a Regional Housing Limited representative
- Entrants agree that the photographs may be used at the discretion of Regional Housing Limited
- Entrants agree to accept that the judge’s decision is final
- Completed nomination forms must be submitted by 4:30pm, Friday 14th September 2018
- Nomination and competition entry is free
Best Edible Garden
This garden has a variety of fresh edible produce including vegetables, fruit and herbs.
Best Australian Native Garden
The garden has a variety of Australian native plants and habitat-elements for local fauna.
Best Feature Garden
The best feature garden should be incorporate the use of garden statues and ornaments etc.
Best Courtyard or Balcony Garden
Making use of a small space with a small garden, planter box or a cluster of pot plants in a courtyard or balcony.
Best Themed Garden
The garden has a creative theme. For example, cultural, colour, animal, tropical, place, water etc
Most Water Wise Garden
This garden promotes water wise methods such as composting materials and mulch, and includes plants that require low-moisture environments.
Most Colourful Garden
The most colourful garden has a variety of colourful flowers, foliage and textures. Most Unique Garden The garden is an extension of the gardener’s imagination and passion.
Judges will also be considering:
- Health and variety of trees, plants and shrubs
- Control of weeds, pests and diseases
- Neatness of lawns and garden edges
- General layout, appearance and colour