Can I have a pet?

You must seek approval from Regional Housing Limited prior to getting a pet.

Local government restrictions relating to the keeping of pets must be strictly adhered to.  There may be restrictions imposed by the owner of the property, and the type of property you are living in (eg units, sharehouses).

There are no restrictions applicable for Guide dogs, Hearing dogs or Assistance animals.  Special circumstances or a medical need to keep a pet must be verified by evidence such as a letter from a medical practitioner, psychologist or support worker.