Nominations are are now closed for Regional Housing Limited’s 2019 Spring Garden Competition!
RHL’s Spring Garden Competition 2019 was a great success. We will be notifying our winners soon and celebrating all of our tenants wonderful gardens.
Keep an eye out for our green-thumbed prize winners, to be announced soon.
We can’t wait to do it all again in 2020, so get planting!
The Regional Housing Limited Spring Garden Competition and prizes would not be possible without our fantastic sponsors:
- ACC Electrical
- Absolute Pest Control
- Christensen Industries Pty Ltd
- Zarraffa’s Coffee
- McDonalds Family Restaurants Bundaberg, Hervey Bay, Childers, Bargara & Urangan
- Commonwealth Bank Childers
- Guzman Y Gomez Bundaberg
Terms and Conditions
All entrants agree to the following terms and conditions:
- All nominated gardens must be located at a property managed by
Regional Housing Limited in either Bundaberg, Hervey Bay, Kingaroy or Murgon.
- All nominated gardeners must be a tenant of Regional Housing Limited.
- All nominations are automatically in the running for the Judges Encouragement Award.
You can nominate your garden in up to two of the following categories:
- Best Edible Garden
- Best Courtyard or Balcony Garden
- Children’s Entry
- Best Themed Garden
- Most Colourful Garden
Conditions of Entry
- Access to the entrant’s property will be required for judging
- Entrants agree to allow their image and gardens to be photographed by a Regional Housing Limited representative
- Entrants agree that the photographs may be used at the discretion of Regional Housing Limited
- Entrants agree to accept that the judge’s decision is final
- Completed nomination forms must be submitted by 4:30pm, Friday 27th September 2019
- Nomination and competition entry is free
Best Edible Garden
The garden has a variety of fresh edible produce including vegetables, fruit and herbs.
Best Courtyard or Balcony Garden
Making use of a small space with a small garden, planter box or a cluster of pot plants in a courtyard or balcony.
The garden and/or plant is solely maintained by children. This may be in a pot or a garden bed.
Best Themed Garden
The garden has a creative theme. For example, cultural, colour, animal, tropical, place, water etc
Most Colourful Garden
The most colourful garden has a variety of colourful flowers, foliage and textures.
Judges will also be considering:
- Health and variety of trees, plants and shrubs
- Control of weeds, pests and diseases
- Neatness of lawns and garden edges
- General layout, appearance and colour