Nominations for the Regional Housing Limited 2021 Spring Garden Competition are now open!
The competition is open to all Regional Housing Limited tenants and approved occupants with great prizes across a range of green thumb related categories.
The awards encourage and recognise the work of our tenants and the pride they take in their home garden.
We can’t wait to do it all again, so get planting!
To apply online now, visit https://www.regionalhousing.org.au/spring-garden-awards-online-nomination-form/
This years Spring Garden Competition would not be possible without the generous support of our amazing sponsors:
RHL would also like to acknowledge the generous support of McDonalds and Bunnings in Bundaberg, Hervey Bay and Townsville.
Terms and Conditions
All entrants agree to the following terms and conditions:
- All nominated gardens must be located at a property managed by Regional Housing Limited (RHL).
- All nominated gardeners must be a tenant or approved occupant of RHL.
- All nominations are automatically in the running for the Judges Encouragement Award.
You can nominate your garden in up to two of the following categories:
- Best Edible Garden: This garden has a variety of fresh edible produce including vegetables, fruit and herbs.
- Best Courtyard or Balcony Garden: Making use of a small space with a small garden, planter box or a cluster of pot plants in a courtyard or balcony.
- Children’s Entry: The garden and or plant is solely maintained by children. This may be in a pot or a garden bed.
- Best Themed Garden: The garden has a creative theme. For example, cultural, colour, animal, tropical, place, water etc.
- Most Colourful Garden: This garden has a variety of colourful flowers, foliage and textures.
- Best Communal Area Garden: The garden is to be located in the common area of the complex, well maintained with plants, flowers or vegetables of the tenant’s choice.
Conditions of Entry
- Access to the entrant’s property will be required for judging.
- Entrants agree to allow their image and gardens to be photographed by a RHL representative.
- Entrants agree that the photographs may be used at the discretion of RHL.
- Entrants agree to accept that the judge’s decision is final.
- Completed nomination forms must be submitted to RHL by 4:30pm, Friday 1 October 2021.
- Nomination and competition entry is free.
- All photographs must be taken between Monday 6th September and Friday 1st October 2021 (either by the entrant or by an RHL representative).
Best Edible Garden
The garden has a variety of fresh edible produce including vegetables, fruit and herbs.
Best Courtyard or Balcony Garden
Making use of a small space with a small garden, planter box or a cluster of pot plants in a courtyard or balcony.
The garden and/or plant is solely maintained by children. This may be in a pot or a garden bed.
Best Themed Garden
The garden has a creative theme. For example, cultural, colour, animal, tropical, place, water etc
Most Colourful Garden
The most colourful garden has a variety of colourful flowers, foliage and textures.
Most Communal Area Garden
The garden is to be located in the common area of the complex, well maintained with plants, flowers or vegetables of the tenant’s choice.
Judges will also be considering:
- Health and variety of trees, plants and shrubs
- Control of weeds, pests and diseases
- Neatness of lawns and garden edges
- General layout, appearance and colour
For more information please contact Natasha at RHL:
Phone: 1300 642 123 or (07) 4153 1239
In person: 30 Tantitha St, Bundaberg or Shop 6/12 Nissen Street, Pialba
Post: Regional Housing Limited, PO Box 540, Bundaberg QLD 4670
Here are some of our beautiful garden entries from 2020: