The Youthcare Accommodation Program provides secure crisis accommodation and 24/7 support to young people who are at risk of, or are currently experiencing homelessness.
We are committed to our young people and their community. We foster a culture of ambition, self worth and resilience to help you be the best you can be, while assisting you to identify options and connecting you with support to overcome any barriers holding you back.
How We Can Help You
- We offer safe and secure crisis accommodation for individual young people aged between 16 and 21 years.
- Crisis and long term housing options are also available for young people with disability or young families aged between 16 and 25 years.
- Our team will assist you in your search for long term, appropriate housing.
- Youth Workers take time to understand your individual needs and circumstances while offering support to help you rebuild and take control of you life.
- We will help you to build leadership skills and encourage you in your educational, career and life goals.
- By teaching life skills we can assist you to be ready for successful independent living.
- Fostering work readiness, employment, education and training.
- Youth Workers offer intensive support where needed connecting you with specialist support providers.
What You Need To Know
- You must be aged between 16 and 25 years to be eligible for support from Youthcare.
- You must be at immediate risk of homelessness or currently experiencing homelessness.
- There is a small charge for rent depending on your income.
- You must be willing to engage with our Youth Workers and participate in Case Management.
- Whilst a resident of Youthcare you must accept shelter instructions and procedures put in place for the safety and well being of all residents.
Where You Will Find Us
Address: 8 King Street, Urangan QLD 4655
Phone: 1300 642 123
After Hours: 0412 699 087